Deadline extended: Enter by December 1 for a chance see your work on the cover of the spring course brochure.
What does the process of making look like to you? We’re dedicating our Spring 2019 brochure to “Makers + Making”—to the people who dedicate their time, talent and energy to creating works of art and the process by which they do so—and we’re looking to feature a student photograph on next term’s brochure cover. The Instagrammer with our favorite photo will see their work in print and receive a gift card good toward any RISD|CE course.
- Your “Makers + Making” photo featured on the cover of our spring 2019 brochure
- A $250 gift card good toward any RISD|CE course
October 19–December 1, 2018
How to Enter
- Follow @risdce on Instagram
- Post up to 3 original submissions to your personal Instagram account, along with a short (less than 60 words) description of your composition
- Tag @risdce and #RISDCECover in each post
- Contest submissions will be juried by a select panel
Subject Matter and Format
- The image should be about the process of making, and what it looks like to you. Keep in mind all of the elements you select and compose should be important to you and evidence of your practice and your aesthetic.
- Use good, strong lighting, and consider composition. Otherwise, the format is open!
- If selected, you will be asked to provide a high-resolution file (300 dpi) of the photo.
Open to current or prospective students of RISD Continuing Education who are 18 years or older at time of entry.
- The winning photograph will be accompanied by a photo credit.
- By participating in this contest, RISD Continuing Education reserves the right to use your photo in future marketing materials, publications, web pages, etc.
- By entering, you warrant that your entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium or (3) has not won an award.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- We reserve the right to disqualify images deemed inappropriate or offensive (i.e., sexually explicit, derogatory, violent, etc.).