Enter for a chance to win a RISD|CE gift card—and see your work on our cover.
What’s in your creative toolbox? We’re dedicating our winter 2018 brochure to “tools of the trade.” To kick things off, we’re looking for a student photograph, one that shows your creative toolbox. The Instagrammer with our favorite photo will see their work in print and receive a gift card good toward a RISD|CE course.
The prize includes:
- Your “toolbox” photo featured on the cover of our winter 2018 brochure
- A RISD|CE gift card (value: $250) good toward a RISD|CE course
Read the full contest rules below, then get over to Instagram, follow us, and enter! The contest begins August 1, 2017 and ends September 12, 2017.
How to Enter
- Follow us on Instagram (@risdce)
- Post up to 3 original submissions on Instagram (see “Subject Matter and Format,” below), accompanied by a description of your composition, in 60 words or less.
- Tag us in each post using #MyCECover and #risdce. Entry must include both hashtags.
- Set your profile to public during the contest so that we can see your submission(s) and contact you.
- Contest submissions will be juried by a select panel.
Contest Begins: August 1, 2017
Contest Ends: September 12, 2017
Subject Matter and Format
- The image should be about your process and about YOU, keeping in mind all of the elements that you select and compose should be important to you and evidence of your practice and your aesthetic (see example in photo, above).
- Please use good strong lighting, and consider composition.
- If selected, winner must provide a high-resolution file of the photograph (300 dpi) OR be able to recreate the photo set-up for shooting by RISD|CE staff.
Open to current or prospective students of RISD Continuing Education who are 18 years or older at time of entry.
The Fine Print
- The winning photograph will be accompanied by a photo credit.
- By participating in this contest, RISD Continuing Education reserves the right to use your photo in future publications, webpages, etc.
- By entering, you warrant that your entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium or (3) has not won an award.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- We reserve the right to disqualify images deemed inappropriate or offensive (i.e., sexually explicit, derogatory, violent, etc.).
Photo by Francoise McAree