The RISD Career Center website is where you can find valuable information about art and design career opportunities. Search for jobs, internships, and opportunities, and explore career resources. Contact Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: A few areas of the website can only be accessed by RISD degree program students and RISD alumni, separate from RISD Continuing Education students and graduates. These include ArtWorks, Career Advising Appointments and any link that requires a login and password.
- Internships/Jobs: Search for opportunities that closely correspond to your certificate program (arranged by RISD majors). Includes job listings, internship opportunities, and industry and organization directories.
- Career Prep: Learn what you need to be prepared for internship or job applications, grant or fellowship applications, and artist residency applications. You’ll find examples of resumes and artist statements, as well as information about access to RISD Portfolios.
- Artist Resources: Explore this page to get a sampling of some of the career options fine artists might pursue, as well as key resources to connect with the art world such as grants, residencies, studio spaces, and exhibition opportunities.
Eating on Campus
RISD offers a variety of places to eat on campus, all available to RISD CE students on a cash basis.
The Met Dining Hall
55 Angell Street
The Met menu offers traditional, vegetarian and vegan options, and features innovative entrees, an artisan pizza oven, and a salad and deli bar.
Located on the ground floor of 15 West and a short walk from the CIT, the Portfolio Cafe menu features entrees and lighter fare for take-out or dining on-site.
Jolly Roger Cafe
257 South Main Street
A short walk from both the CE office and the BEB, the Jolly Roger Cafe offers sandwiches, salads, soups, coffee and its signature homemade peanut butter.
2nd Floor of the RISD Store
Design Center, 30 North Main Street
RISD’s Watermark Cafe offers healthy choices made-to-order with organic products and locally grown produce.
1st floor of 20 Washington Place
A grab-and-go “fresh vend” concept expands the current café offerings and adds a convenient 24-hour dining option. V-CAF features a curated mix of fresh house-made sandwiches, salads, sushi bowls and a variety of other unique snacks and beverages. Menu inspired by the seasons of New England and international flavors.
As a RISD CE student, you have access to RISD Rides—a free, late night shuttle service for students, staff and faculty. Access to the services is available through My RISD, the school’s mobile app. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you can request a ride from any location within the designated service area to any college building, 7 days per week (during the academic year) from 5 pm to 3:15 am.
30 Waterman Street
Emergency: 401 454-6666
Non-Emergency: 401 454-6376
website: info.risd.edu/public-safety (includes annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report)
RISD Public Safety is staffed 24 hours a day and is the office to call for all emergencies. From RISD phones dial ext. 6666 or (from the outdoor blue emergency phones) simply pick up the receiver to be connected to Public Safety. In an emergency on campus, a call to 401 454-6666 initiates a faster response than a call to 911. In an emergency off campus only, dial 911. Public Safety’s non-emergency extension is 6376 (from standard phones, 401 454-6376).
Personal Safety Recommendations
RISD makes every effort to maintain a safe, secure campus. However, there are things that you should do to increase your personal safety. Some suggestions:
- Park in well-lit lots.
- Walk in groups of two or more.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Contact Public Safety at 401 454-6376 for an escort, especially when walking alone.
- Never work alone in studios.
- Familiarize yourself with the location of the blue emergency phones, inside and outside of buildings.
- Report any suspicious activity to Public Safety.
- Some art and design techniques require the use of toxic materials; identify such materials and use caution when handling them. If you are pregnant or have a respiratory problem, please discuss alternative solutions with your instructor.