RISD CE Online Courses
Connect, engage and create with RISD CE Online
RISD CE Online offers accessible, flexible and immersive learning experiences that you can access anywhere.
- Access RISD’s acclaimed curricular concept and renowned instructors from anywhere.
- Continue your creative journey of lifelong learning on your own schedule.
- Enjoy the flexibility of our asynchronous courses by taking them at any time of day or night.
- Collaborate with like-minded creatives and join a community of thinkers, tinkerers and makers.
- Learn, connect and engage with RISD faculty who are experts in their fields.
- Update your skill set to advance your profession on your own time.
Most of our online classes are asynchronous, meaning that discussions, course materials and assignments can be taken at any time of day, as they do not meet live. Some of our online classes are synchronous, meaning they meet live during a specific time of day, in Eastern Time, on the video conferencing platform Zoom. We are now also offering hybrid classes at the Westerly Education Center in Westerly, Rhode Island.
All online courses are delivered through our online management system CE Link. Please visit our Registration Help page for more information about our online offerings. Join us online to stay on track with a certificate program, explore a new subject, or take your very first course in art and design!
Our online courses allow you to connect, engage and create using our online course management system CE Link.
The minimum system requirements to use CE Link are: A computer, smartphone or tablet; an internet connection; and a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge or Internet Explorer 11.
Some RISD CE Online courses meet during a specific time of day, in Eastern Time, on the video conferencing platform Zoom.
The minimum system requirements to use Zoom include: A broadband (Ethernet or fast wireless) internet connection, a computer running at least Windows XP or Mac OS 10.7, at least 4GB of RAM, a built-in camera or USB plug-in webcam, speakers or headphones, and a microphone (if you have a built-in webcam, it includes a microphone).