RISD CE Online Courses
Connect, engage and create with RISD CE Online
Rhode Island School of Design Continuing Education online classes offer accessible, flexible and immersive learning experiences that you can access anywhere. Join us online to:
- Access RISD’s acclaimed curricular concept and renowned instructors from anywhere.
- Continue your creative journey of lifelong learning on your own schedule.
- Enjoy the flexibility of our asynchronous courses by taking them at any time of day or night.
- Collaborate with like-minded creatives and join a community of thinkers, tinkerers and makers.
- Learn, connect and engage with RISD faculty who are experts in their fields.
- Update your skill set to advance your profession on your own time.
Most of our online classes are asynchronous, meaning that discussions, course materials and assignments can be taken at any time of day, as they do not meet live. Some of our online classes are synchronous, meaning they meet live during a specific time of day, in Eastern Time, on the video conferencing platform Zoom. Additional course materials are hosted by our course management system.
Both asynchronous and synchronous courses will include video presentations, detailed tutorials and discussion forums. Assignments will be sequenced so that one leads to the next and will include project deadlines. Students receive individualized support for idea development and critique of work. To keep pace with the course, students should expect to log in regularly to our course management system. Please visit our Registration Help page for more information about our online offerings.