RISD CE Online Courses
Connect, engage and create with RISD CE Online
RISD CE Online offers accessible, flexible and immersive learning experiences that you can access anywhere.
- Access RISD’s acclaimed curricular concept and renowned instructors from anywhere.
- Continue your creative journey of lifelong learning on your own schedule.
- Experience a live virtual classroom setting through our synchronous courses.
- Enjoy the flexibility of our asynchronous courses by taking them at any time of day or night.
- Collaborate with like-minded creatives and join a community of thinkers, tinkerers and makers.
- Learn, connect and engage with RISD faculty who are experts in their fields.
- Update your skill set to advance your profession on your own time.
Join us online to stay on track with a certificate program, explore a new subject, or take your very first course in art and design.
Some RISD CE Online courses meet during a specific time of day, in Eastern Time, on the video conferencing platform Zoom.
The minimum system requirements to use Zoom include: A broadband (Ethernet or fast wireless) internet connection, a computer running at least Windows XP or Mac OS 10.7, at least 4GB of RAM, a built-in camera or USB plug-in webcam, speakers or headphones, and a microphone (if you have a built-in webcam, it includes a microphone).
Our online courses allow you to connect, engage and create using our online course management system CE Link.
The minimum system requirements to use CE Link are: A computer, smartphone or tablet; an internet connection; and a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge or Internet Explorer 11.